the emo wolverine writes

Welcome to my blog :D

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Personal Update

I got a Windows 8 laptop! It's a Lenovo ThinkPad (I think that's what you call it) and it's a touch screen that rotates and lies down on the keyboard to look like a tablet! And you know what's even more exciting! The windows store! I downloaded two applications that would let me open my .epub files on dropbox and now I can read all of them on this laptop-aka-tablet instead of my phone screen. (YES THAT IS A TARDIS ON THE CORNER)



The only drawbacks so far is that fact that the HDMI cable we have doesn't fit into the HDMI port the laptop has. Also, Google Chrome seems to be working slower than the previous laptop (which was a Sony vaio). The Lenovo is also smaller (keyboard and screen) and has some touch gestures which I haven't gotten the hang of yet and it's also lighter than the Vaio and doesn't give off as much heat (the Vaio literally acts as a heater) and seems to have a longer batter life comparatively. Then again, this might be because the Lenovo is technically newer than the Vaio.

~Here's the Vaio next to the Lenovo~

I also haven't completely explored all of the programs in the system (aka the transition from Windows 7 to Windows 8). But I'm ecstatic about it already xD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to comment? Make sure you add a link to your blog if you're new so I can check your blog out as well (: