the emo wolverine writes

Welcome to my blog :D

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Monsters


Monsters don't lurk under beds anymore
The dust bunnies there aren't very nice
The monsters decided to move out and go
Inside dark cabinets, as quiet as mice
Whether in the bathroom or in the kitchen
Careful when you reach under the sink
You never know if the thing you touch
Is a monster, gone before you even blink
The musty damp places, the chemical galore
That's where the monsters like to be
Sounds you hear but think you did
Are tricks they play with malicious glee
The weird moss here, the odd fungus there?
Those are definite signs of monsters- beware!
Just stay calm and don't try to look
At what will give the most frightening scare!

~Written by yours truly~

This was the other poem I was talking about. I haven't exactly finished it yet, it seems a bit incomplete to me, but I can't figure out how to fix it, so I'm just putting it up. I wrote this because I was never scared of monsters under beds, but of monsters in the bathroom and kitchen. The funny gurgling sounds that sinks make just added to the whole thing and I find myself carefully observing the ceramic bowl and its surroundings before approaching it. 

You don't need to worry though, because really...

~there's no such things as monsters~

5 comments:

  1. to finally conclude that way, i guess makes it my muse.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been scared of monsters- more of spiders. I really liked your poem though!

    "The dust bunnies there aren't very nice" : probably my new favourite 'sentence'. (^0^)

    Thank you for your comment on my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :D
      You're quite welcome, in fact I was planning to follow your blog- which I will now.

      Delete
  3. I really LOVE this poem. You should definitely write more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really omg thank you for the encouragement!
      And don't worry- I will xD Creativity seems to flow most readily during exam seasons!

      Delete

Would you like to comment? Make sure you add a link to your blog if you're new so I can check your blog out as well (: