Monday, April 3, 2017

Roast Yourself

Remember when this was a trend on Youtube? First there used to be Youtubers who wrote diss tracks on other people, until some people decided enough was enough- it was time to roast yourself. Nobody likes talking badly about themselves, but compared to the alternative of having a stranger pick out bad things about you, it seems like a good idea to get the job done yourself first. After all, it's easier to laugh off self criticism than dealing with unsolicited opinions.

So I thought, hey. How about I try roasting myself?



I wrote this a long time ago. Sometime in June 2016, so of course some things might seem pretty outdated for me to say, but nevertheless, I've decided to finally share it with you guys. I hope you like my attempts of being poetic and hip.

R O A S T - Y O U R S E L F

Hey girl, why're you hidin' your follower count!
Is it cause a lot of people don't want you around?
I'm not surprised- hey! Check out your wacky name!
It's good enough to be put in the blogger hall of shame! 
But wait, that funny image there on the side
It's terrible line art, your template must've cried!
You drew it? It's horrible, a deceptive misconception
'Cause girl you look Chinese but you're actually South Asian! 
Your humor is horrible, your jokes aren't funny
Forget blogger hauls, you don't know how to spend your money
You don't even know what kind of blogger you really are
Just like when I ask "You're 20, right? Why aren't you driving a car?" 
If you're going to blog, the least you can do it stick to a niche
The trash you write makes me want to drink some bleach
You vague blog about tweeps, tumblr, not to mention vegans
I totally understand why you don't have many friends! 
What's your handle on twitter? Optic Chiasma? Are you kidding me?
If you're really gonna be a doctor, get back to your books and study!
You think you can write a medblr blog like you're some sort of sage
But you score around sixties in your exams and that's a C grade! 
Blog stats drop to 30 when you're not scheduling on twitter
My advice to you? Go home and call yourself a quitter
Stop scheduling tweets that are designed to click bait
We all know it's not gonna work- look at that 90% bounce rate! 
Have you seen your pictures? Your camera is outdated!
Stop cheaping out, get a new one or get it renovated!
Covering it all up with some paint editing now, are you?
That's not going to get you likes on Instagram, it's absolutely true! 
I think we'll finish this up here before you actually cry
This roast could get a lot worse considering I didn't even try
Your esteem is in tatters, fragile and easy to sweep away
Lock it up in a box, why don't you, cause that's where it should stay!
Well, did you like that? I was thinking about tagging people to write roasts on themselves but not everyone is up to the challenge of making fun of themselves! If you think you could do it, by all means, go ahead. I'd love to see your creativity and honesty about yourself! Have a nice day.

Like what you read? Enter your email address here to get updated as soon as I press publish!!

13 comments:

  1. Woooow. My friend does this a lot xD He says he enjoys making fun of himself just to make people laugh lol. This was great!

    Jazzy @ Thriving Hope

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I made you laugh! I certainly had a lot of fun writing this!

      Delete
  2. Girl, you are on fire! Look at that rhyme and rhythm! You rocked at this!

    I'd seen the trend floating around Youtube; It was very clever of you to bring it into the blogging world!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph o3o I'm glad I was good at roasting myself! xD
      Those Youtubers seemed to be having so much fun doing it so I thought "hey, why not!"

      Delete
  3. Haha this is funny, I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so funny, but I can't help but think it's really negative 🙈🙈 I'm too self love for something like this, but if it works for you then great!
    Love,
    Hayley X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To each their own! I understand how it could be really negative and I'm glad I wrote it while I was in a positive mood because that made everything seem so trivial and silly, so I didn't feel negative about it at all!

      Delete
  5. This really made me giggle, Kanra! I think you're being a little too hard on yourself in places but I suppose it's all in the name of good fun! It's great to see a blogger with such a fab sense of humour! You go girl!

    Abbey 💓 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abbey! I'll be real honest, I was running out of things to roast myself about while simultaneously rhyming everything!

      Delete
  6. I actually really liked this!
    I feel its good to be able to see negatives and positives, but still remember how awesome you are!
    I may have to have a go at this as well!

    Bronagh
    www.BronaghLoves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I can't wait to see what you would write!

      Delete
  7. I should have a go at this! Such an original post never come across something like this before.
    Joelle x
    www.justjoelle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...