Monday, December 19, 2016

Oye Kuch Kar Guzar

I just finished watching this new "online" movie, recently released by DJuice Pakistan. Of course, I didn't watch it episode by episode, but rather all in one sitting.


First of all, it's a pretty innovative movie. It consists of the viewer making choices for the story to progress, but of course, it's all very simple and more often than not, the characters are breaking the fourth wall. I found this very interesting! Even though the choices were very limited and the story had only one way to go (there are no "multiple" endings, just a single one).

Nevertheless, there were definitely some moments that I liked (Sangeen Khan was really cute at the end) and there were some moments that were a little "ehh" (like when Sherry did some kamehameha stuff....) but I have to admit, it's a unique effort and I've never seen anything like it before.

Of course there were also several promotions going on during the story of DJuice services, whether it was their internet services or clear voice communication, which wasn't bad enough to be seriously annoying.

One thing I really didn't like about it was how it's not really a genuine movie. It starts off with a plot, but it doesn't reach it's end. We don't see any of the characters reach Karachi, even though they had all been yelling about getting there on time throughout the film. Where did Xara's clothes and purse go? Yes, the same things that she had been crying about half the film. So in that regards, I felt that the whole movie was quite inconsistent.

The whole point of the show (writing your own story in life) was nice although something about it still makes me a little uneasy. Maybe it's the whole delivery of it? Whatever point they were trying to convey was pretty much muddled (I guess DJuice needs to work on their communication skills) and I ended up feeling like what I had watched was very incomplete.

However, I must stress again. This was an amazing effort and I genuinely enjoyed watching this online film. If DJuice makes another, I would definitely watch that one as well.

Here's the first episode if you want to watch it/play the story for yourself! Have a nice day!

1 comment:

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...