Saturday, August 20, 2016

Olympics And Words

This post was supposed to published earlier but wait! I have perfectly good, plausible excuses for this late blog post! First of all, I had my cousins from the US over on Thursday, an important exam, friends eat out and research workshop to attend on Friday. My Friday started out pretty good, my exam went decently- except for the fact that it was freezing cold in the hall and when I walk out, all of my muscles ache so much.
It's like they were tired of constant thermogenesis.
I seriously thought about skipping the hanging out plans my friends had, as well as the research workshop but fortunately, I decided to soldier on and see how things would go. I had a lot of fun with my friends, the research workshop was mildly interesting, but when I got home, I was 100% sure I had a fever and my legs wouldn't stop aching?? It felt like I'd been walking for miles when I'd actually done like maybe one mile maximum walking from here to there. I don't get any exercise at all, I admit my lifestyle is unhealthy.

Moving on!! I got tagged for these two really interesting tags by two amazing bloggers (they're in my Hall Of Fame if you haven't visited that place yet!!) so without further ado, let's start!

I got tagged for the Olympics tag by Zelus over at My Hopeful Pencil. Thank you so much for tagging me, Zelus! You guys should totally go over and check out her blog! It is an amazing and inspirational blog all about studying.

Questions

Team? Well, I'd support my country for starters, and then I'd like to support my friends' countries next! So I'd be Team Pakistan, Team USA, Team Netherlands and Team India!

If you could compete in an event, what would it be? I would probably compete in either swimming or running. I'm not very good at either, but out of all the sports out there, these two might be my only relative strengths.

Favorite event to watch? I'm not really a fan of watching sports, to be very honest! Mostly because I can't make sense of what I'm watching. If I had someone with me telling me what's happening, I'm sure I'd enjoy watching events :)

Olympian you most admire? Again, I don't watch the Olympics, but Envy told me about an interesting thing that happened in the last Olympics where Usain Bolt got run over by a Chinese reporter on a segway. The reporter apologized to Usain Bolt and gave him a friend ship bracelet. I just really liked that little story Envy told me!

What sports do you currently play? We established this at the start- I don't exercise at all and I've admitted that my lifestyle isn't the most healthiest. So yeah, I don't play any sport at all currently.

Summer or Winter Olympics? Winter Olympics sounds the greatest!

Ever been to the Olympics in person? Nope! Not at all.

A sport that should be in the Olympics? Do they have a Math Olympiad? I bet not!

What do you think would be going through your head right before you were about to compete in the Olympics? I'd be a nervous wreck! Probably be chugging down some sort of sedative or relaxant so I don't freak out in the middle of my event xD BUT. I'm sure, if I'm good enough to be in the Olympics, I'd be quite able to handle stress and also be good at taking the Olympics as they really are- friendly games between countries!

Once again, thanks for tagging me Zelus! Here are the rules of the tag:
-Publish a post with the questions (you can add your own)
-Thank the blogger who tagged you
-Tag others
-Use the Olympics post image (attached) or create your own.
Here are the questions.
Team?
If you could compete in an event, what would it be?
Favourite event to watch?
Olympian you most admire?
What sports do you currently play?
Summer or winter Olympics?
Ever been to the Olympics in person?
A sport that should be in the Olympics?
What do you think would be going through your head right before you were about to compete in the Olympics?
I'll be tagging people on twitter!

Envy tagged me in this post a million years ago and I kept saying "I'm gonna do it, I'm gonna do it, it's such a great tag, ooh, BRING IT ON" but of course, life whacks you in the face and you're like oh God, I need to give this post so much attention but I don't have any attention to spare D: Better save this tag for later! Well, guess what! Now's the time!!

What's your favorite letter of the alphabet?
This is such a tough question! I like Ks and Rs and Gs and Qs because it's so much fun to write those kinds of letters with flourishes and curves. Sound wise, I like pronouncing Bs, Ps and Ls!

What are three words that you love?
Okay, so there's this letter in Urdu that's pronounced like Z, which is interesting cause we have like, three letters that all make Z sounds but this one is different cause it's got three dots on the top (and other characters of the same shape only have one or zero dots and this one shows up with three? Wow!)! Anyway, you rarely see this letter around, but when I saw my first word with this letter, I loved it?
Azdaha: اژدھا literally means boa, but I always imagine a basilisk, like the one in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
Whenever a kid walks up to me, like 3-4 years old, just learning how to make proper sentences, I just pick them up and put them on my lap and ask them to say words like orange and blue because I love how little kids say these kinds of words! "Say blue!" "B-roo!" and "Say orange!" "Oh-wanj!"
So I guess those two are my favorite words as well.
I also like the word deja vu. It sounds really mysterious and it often ends up being a mysterious experience too!

If you were to create a word, what would it be and what would it describe?
There should be a word for the moment when it feels like time slows down when actually, things are going so fast all around you. Like at an airport when you're running for your flight (and you're not the one dealing with tickets and stuff) and there's panic of some sort everywhere and you're just looking at everyone, really fascinated with how much of a hurry they're in. And you end up reaching your gate like 20 minutes early with nothing to do.

What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
Ooh! I like
;  !  "
What are your three favorite fonts?
Well, I really like typewriter fonts and brush fonts. Some of the fonts I've been frequently using on my blog are
Which do you prefer, handwritten or typed notes?
I really like hand written notes! I feel like they convey much more personality than typed notes! If I could hand write my blog, I would definitely do it.

Thanks for tagging me :D Once again, I'll be tagging people on twitter! You can check out who I tag on my profile (@optic_chiasma) and I'll be pinning this post up as well. Have a nice day!

5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! :D I love the Oh-wang for orange. I can totally imagine that. That is just so cute x) Thank you so much for the tag :D You are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, i agree with the little kid part, that's also very cute :D

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely get where you're coming from with the Olympics stuff. I don't really follow the Olympics either, so I don't have a favorite sport to watch, either. I like semicolons and exclamation points, too. Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way young kids talk is just adorable LOL. Azdaha is such a cool one! I love the meaning of it, too. I totally, totally agree that there needs to be a word for that time thing. I'm sure there's something out there related to it.. has to be. K is probably my favorite letter as well :D My real name starts with it, so it's just always been one I liked lol. Also, lovvvve that Olympics story! That it was a segway is quite silly, and the friendship bracelet was just sweet. :) Winter Olympics FTW!

    Thanks again for tagging me, Kanra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing the Olympics Tag! Your responses are pretty cool (asking kids to say something just to hear their pronunciation is pretty amusing, I do it too (though not directly, I'd ask them something to see their response and how they pronounce the words xD)).
    Oh and I'm honoured to be on your Hall of Fame! [That'll probably motivate me to get on blogger more often to update and post study-useful stuff!]

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...