Saturday, May 21, 2016

SketchbookArt: Watercolors, Plants and Sparkly Stars

It's been a while since the last blog post! I've been a little busy cause I had an exam on Friday and now I have another exam on Wednesday, which is going to be a practical examination with a bunch of simulated patients and examiners watching everything that you do. Am I freaked and stressed out about it simultaneously? I am, as a matter of fact and you know what I do when I'm stressed!


I've been practicing my writing just a bit- but not that much cause I often end up just painting the page and drawing random things. Also, when I do practice, my writing turns out way better than when I actually want to write something so that kind of demotivates me and I think twice before deciding to write something over my work.


That doesn't look so bad, right? Now check this.


I don't even know what happened here but I've come to the conclusion that I should probably practice what I want to write a few times before jumping on to the actual thing.


Apart from writing/lettering, I've been trying to incorporate my usual pen designs with watercolors. It looks great and I had so much fun drawing those little leaf branches that I did it again but with paint instead of black gel pen.


Of course, this one is still under constructions, I'm debating between writing another quote on it or adding a layer of geometric designs like I did on the piece before this one. What do you think I should do?

Apart from random abstract pieces like this, I also drew a poster for my friend who was organizing a food stall for charity at school. I was adamant on drawing a jar with lemon water and that's what I did. I took this picture the night before I gave it back to her so it doesn't have the last minute changes like a black outline of the jar and umbrella and the jar being cut out of the yellow chart paper.


Looking at it now, there's a couple of things I could have improved but I'm overall really pleased with how this one came out. I had a ton of fun doing this piece because first of all, chart paper is a little glossy and thick so I sprayed water on it and the water didn't absorb so I threw in different colored paints and tilted the paper around to create a watery effect. It was amazing and I'm planning on doing something like this again! It's amazing how much can change when you use a different type of paper.

What have you been up to these days? What kind of art do you like to dabble in? Do you think I should draw geometric designs over my WIPs or write quotes on them? Have a nice day!

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh gorgeous art! I love the third piece the best :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! You've got a keen eye for art ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this! You're very creative and I love that everything's so colorful! Amazing post!
    I have a creative journal if you want to check it out at https://samanthacarraro.wordpress.com/2016/04/07/my-creative-journal-flip-through/ and tell me what you think about it :)

    Samantha | https://samanthacarraro.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check that out! :)

      Delete
  3. These are so pretty! Like so so pretty! I can't even.. <3_<3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...