Friday, April 15, 2016

#SketchBookArt: Paintin' Your Words

Until I find a decent image that I can try to replicate on my sketchpad, I've been holding back with the scenery and architecture painting and settled for illustrating words. More often than not, these are song lyrics or quotes that I liked. I haven't done many, but here's a few good ones.






And this is how I've been entertaining myself these days. I'm going to be practicing little pieces like this a bit more before moving on to big sheets of paper. I also want to write in a more fluid style- capital letters are easy and I almost have a grip on lower case. But I'd like to try out cursive and- here comes the ambitious goal- black letter!

What have you been up to when it comes to creativity? Do you like making paint messes too? What's your preferred subject when it comes to creativity?

6 comments:

  1. That last lyric seems familiar :P
    It's been ages since I painted something, but now that I see you make all these things I kind of want to start painting again too - if only I knew where sixteen-year-old me dumped all her materials :P

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you xD its the lyric you sent to me.
      You should definitely paint again! I'd love to see what the 16 yr old Envy did and what you'd do right now :D

      Delete
  2. These are really good! I've been trying to do something like this in my art journal, but I have zero artistic ability so it isn't working too well. xD My favorites are the first two!

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art is something that every can do! It's just that sometimes we are our best and worst critics. We're too harsh on ourselves and tend to scrap our work because all we can see are flaws. But it's not true- the work you think that is mediocre, actually looks great to other people! That's the thing about art, it's specific to each individual :)

      Delete
  3. SO GORGEOUS!! I love these-- you are the second blogger I have seen who has done a post on water-color lettering and I love them! These are so pretty and I love the sayings you painted as well. Lovely!
    -Vivian
    http://moonsworlds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^^. I kind of got inspired by a couple of people who do calligraphy so I decided to combine word writing with water paints :) and I love what came out!

      Delete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...