Friday, March 18, 2016

My Camera Carl




Hello everyone! In this post you will realize how spammy I am on snapchat and you will also realize exactly why I delete snapchat whenever my college kicks up again! I create the most ridiculous stories and waste quite a bit of time! Anyway,  that's not the story for today! The story for today is about my camera.

As you can see, it's a really old camera- 8.1 megapixels is something you see on an average phone, cameras are meant to be much better. So why is this camera out here in 2016 when it apparently belongs to the era of 2007? It's because its old that no one has tried to throw it out yet (that and, everyone is busy using their phone's camera instead). I've had it with me for at least five years, the last two had the camera stuffed in my closet, untouched. I took it out just last week since I've been noticing for quite a few months that the camera lens of my iPhone has some sort of defect in it that can be found on almost every single picture taken.



For a photography-enthusiast like me, it wasn't long before I got extremely annoyed, especially when it came to taking pictures with a white background, causing it to become even more glaringly obvious. I found myself rejecting a lot of perfectly good photos- I couldn't possibly use them on the blog! A replacement had to be found! At first I was thinking about getting a new phone but that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon so I decided to make do with what I already had. Carl the camera was 8.1 megapixels, not much of a loss compared to the iPhone and it could work perfectly with taking pictures of my projects and art- things that would have a white background. Of course that doesn't mean my iPhone is out of business!



And here you can see how creative I get, giving my electronic devices names and crafting a story for them...

Another reason why I think using Carl the Camera would be easy is that the camera has it's own cable for connecting to the laptop. Meanwhile, I've broken my iPhone cable and now depend on iCloud to sync my pictures since the iPhone is really picky about what kind of cable it is attached to. Hopefully this would solve my syncing stress- it was a terrible hassle to take pictures then wait eagerly for it to upload to iCloud, then wait for iCloud to update on my laptop and then download it from there. 

Do you nitpick when it comes to photography and camera devices? Would you rather use a phone camera or a digital camera? What would you advise me to do- buy a phone or a camera? (Not that we're getting rid of Carl the Camera D: but just for discussion!)

4 comments:

  1. I find the captions you wrote in your Snaps hilarious! 😂

    It's funny that you posted about cameras today, because I was recently thinking about getting a DSLR D:

    I like using my phone (13MP)/iPod touch's camera for selfies and random shots, cause it's more portable (err convenient) to use my phone than to carry a camera around. But I can't deny that DSLRs & digital cameras create photos of much higher quality and has more options when it comes to the camera settings.

    I would suggest buying a camera IF you plan on using it often, you want high quality photos and you have a love for photography :) If not, a phone will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Maine Lyn said, the captions you wrote are very enjoyable and funny to read!
    I haven't done a lot of photography, and when I do take pictures for my blog, I take them via phone so I don't have a lot of camera experience. I think that if you plan to do a lot of photography, you should get a camera, but otherwise a phone with a high quality camera would be good :-)
    -Jollygirl @ Reflections of a Jolly Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about adding whatsapp to your laptop. then sending the pics from ur iphone to like ur mom or someone who won't mind the spam. so like when you open deskstop whatsapp, the pics would be already there to download from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had forgotten how much I love your spunkiness, you have the best sense of humor! It's a pleasure to meet Carl the camera. xD

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...