Thursday, January 14, 2016

Review: Native Deen

AssalamuAlaikum! I've recently joined the fan base for this music group and I thought it'd be really nice if I shared it with you all. Native Deen is basically a three-man group which has already released three albums. Now I haven't had the opportunity to listen to all of their works, but whichever ones I have heard, have simply blown me away. You can learn more about Native Deen here.

The lyrics are awesome. The rhythm is great. And I've decided to share my favorites so far with you.

My Faith, My Voice




Me, my community we work hard,
Every opportunity to break walls,
Fighting all the lunacy that they cause,
Respect here, to you and me, the same God.

Giving you the right facts,
We keep repeating that Islam has been hijacked,
We ain’t like that,
Then some lunatic goes on a rampage,
Using violence and I’m outraged

This is senseless, and its gruesome,
Please don’t let this, be a Muslim.
Awww maaan… We’re all vilified,
They’re saying we’re savages, uncivilized

Islam means peace? na thats a front!
Its all a deceit, till they get what want
Dont trust them, even the nice ones
Wait till the bite comes – Mike Tyson

Not fair. The KKKs, Timothy McVeighs,
Militia Brigades, the old crusades,
They’re all renegades, from the faith that you claim,
Its them we should blame
I dont blame you, You should refrain too
Believe when we say that it aint true.

I know what they call us, uh huh
They try to blame all us,
But I know how the Prophet lived and I know what he taught us

its… my faith, my voice,
its… my faith, my voice,
Don’t care what they say, this is my voice….
my faith, my voice

Come youre invited to see the real picture
Nothing hiding, here’s a free scripture
We ain’t gonna hurt you, try to convert you
Just so you know how easily they tricked ya

That all us Muslims are those 19 men
Don’t build that mosque cause it might be them
Its the same kinda talk of Bin Laden
Get’em – guilt by association

Mosques being vandalized, cats being stabbed at night
The bigots and racist like zombies they come to life
Stop the hate ya'll, lets join the same team
I love this land, my people, our dream

Go use the same steam, for youth to stay clean
Our earth to stay green, we want the same thing
‘Stead of burning books, extinguish disease
Help spark the flame to help children in need

You will be your faith, I will be mine
Lets live in peace, ma’asalaam
Peace all the time, for all of mankind,
thats on my mind. my masterplan.. check it,
that’s my master plan, yeah that’s my master plan

I know what they call us, uh huh
They try to blame all us,
But I know how the Prophet lived and I know what he taught us

its… my faith, my voice,
its… my faith, my voice,
Don’t care what they say, this is my voice….
my faith, my voice


Stand Alone


I am not afraid to stand alone.
I am not afraid to stand alone. If Allah is by my side
I am not afraid to stand alone. Everything will be alright
I am not afraid to stand alone. Gonna keep my head up high

Single mother raising her children
And now she’s a Muslim
Started praying and wearing a headscarf
Was a healing for her heart

Struggling with no one to lean on
But with prayer she would be strong
Got a job but then she was laid off
Got a better education and it paid off

She was called for a job that she dreamed of
Close by, great pay -she was in love – 
They brought her in, said she’s the number one pick
"You got the job, but you gotta lose the outfit”

It’s a tough position that you've put me in
Cause I've been struggling with my two children
But I’ll continue looking for a job again
My faith in my religion now will never bend

I am not afraid to stand alone.
I am not afraid to stand alone. If Allah is by my side
I am not afraid to stand alone. Everything will be alright
I am not afraid to stand alone. Gonna keep my head up high

Peer pressure, they were insisting
And I was resisting
Some days I felt I would give in
Just wanted to fit in

I know when I’m praying and fasting’
They be teasing and laughing
So I called to my Lord for the power
For the strength every day, every hour…

Then one day there’s a new Muslim teacher
Single mom and the people respect her
Just seeing her strength I get stronger
They can break my will no longer

You don’t see me sweating when they’re jokes’re cracking
Never see me cussing’ with my pants saggin’
I aint never running yo I’m still standing
I ride with Allah to the very end

I am not afraid to stand alone.
I am not afraid to stand alone. If Allah is by my side
I am not afraid to stand alone. Everything will be alright
I am not afraid to stand alone. Gonna keep my head up high

I am not afraid to stand alone…

Now, I’m a tough one, who can bear their blows
The rest play dumb, they don’t dare say no
Scared of being shunned, but its clear they know
I aint never gonna run, I aint scared no more.

Man, these sisters be resolute
Never stressed when the rest say they wasn’t cute
And they get the respect of the other youth
Come best with the dress yo and that’s the truth

These sisters are strong gotta hand it down
So me I’m a brotha gotta stand my ground
I aint gonna shudder, when the gangs around
Peer pressure whatever, its my planet now

Others may fall, I’mma hold my own
With Allah’s help I’ll be strong as stone
And I’mma be brave and let Islam be shown
Cause you I know I not afraid to stand alone

I am not afraid to stand alone.
I am not afraid to stand alone. If Allah is by my side
I am not afraid to stand alone. Everything will be alright
I am not afraid to stand alone. Gonna keep my head up high

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So here are my top two favorites from Native Deen! I'm really picky with Islamic music because I prefer things with a fast beat and lyrics that I can relate to in some sort of way. I liked the music of this group because (1) catchy lyrics and good beats (2) decent, relevant message and (3) the above two combined makes it sound soothing. 

What kind of music do you like?

One last thing! If any of you are reading this from Islamabad, there's SIST 2016 on this weekend! Join the event on Facebook and see you at Pak-China Friendship Center! Have a nice day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...