Friday, January 1, 2016

2015 & 2016

It's that time of the year again!
(Throughout the year, I felt like I was stupid but I tried really hard not to feel that way by talking about it. It helped when my classmates also shared similar feelings. Resolution #3 is also something I couldn't do at all, considering the depression/anorexia phases I had- about three in total, which is an awful lot. My 2014 journal is still terribly empty. I haven't been drawing or doodling or reading all year.)

Well, that's the 2015 revision! I guess I've done quite a bit of my resolutions- yet I feel like I am exactly the same as I was when I wrote them. But have no fear! 2016 is here for fresh resolutions!


  1. Say one genuine nice thing to someone every day and spread positive vibes.
  2. Read 50 books by the end of 2016.
  3. Write my blog regularly.
  4. Learn how to handle anxiety and stress
  5. Talk to different people and increase my threshold for social interaction.
  6. Get 50 followers on my blog.
  7. Draw/doodle more. And buy that sketchbook already!!
  8. Keep a happiness jar for when my mood is on a low note.
  9. Try not to be too harsh on myself when it comes to academics.
  10. Do tafsir of the 29th chapter of the Quran.
(I tried to keep things realistic when I wrote this- of course with some help from a friend.)

Happy New Year to my amazing followers! Have you written about your resolutions? Share them in the comments below!

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! <3
    I haven't personally shared any resolutions on my blog, though I've done a recap of the year. You should check it out!
    I guess if I had to create resolutions, they would be to a) have better time management and b) implement an exercise routine. They are definitely things I need to work on, and I've been putting them off for too long.
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going to check that out! Time management is a really important thing to master. If you do succeed in implementing this in your life, please share about it- because it's definitely one thing that I can't seem to master :\

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!
    You came up with ten resolutions, awesome! Spreading positive vibes and the happy jar are on my list too :P I'm sure you'll reach 50 followers, your blog deserves it so much :)

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike!
      It took me a whole week to find the perfect jar for the happiness though >.> so I guess you could say I kind of shirked on that resolution.

      Delete
  3. Hey Kanra,
    I've never really commented before, its really not my thing but I had to comment on this post.
    I'm so glad for you in completing a bunch of your resolutions and passing your exams. I love science and want to become a doctor (inshallah) and you and your blog inspire me so much. I really sympathize with you on comparing yourself to other's grades, its so important to focus on loving yourself as well as academics.
    I just wanted to say that you are an amazing person and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
    Happy new year!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystal! Thank you so much for commenting. It really made my day! InshaAllah, you'll be a doctor too! All you need is the passion to keep going despite all the difficulties you'll definitely be facing.
      Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...