Sunday, June 14, 2015

Pre-Ramadan Update

AssalamuAlaikum!

Ramadan is just around the corner and I haven't been blogging for quite a few days! I thought I'd give a little update of what has happened and what will be happening here on the Lunar Descent.

First off- LMS is finally over! The official result isn't out yet but I barely passed my IPE (Integrated Practical Examination) ;-; I'm trying not to take my failure to heart, but it does hurt sometimes, especially when you studied really hard for it. I realized that although crying is a very messy business, it does give some sort of stress relief. Heheheh.

There's also something very exciting that's about to happen- but I don't want to share it with you guys yet in case something bad happens and then everything fails. But I'm excited and I can't wait to share it!

My next module has started- it's called Respiratory System (RES). So far, it's just anatomy, with nasal cavities and pharynx and larynx and trachea and bronchioles. It's interesting but there's a lot of detail. I have just finally managed to get a grip on the structure of the larynx with all it's membranes and ligaments!


Now for Ramadan- for you guys who don't know, it's the Holy Month of the Islamic calendar. It's the month of fasting, where Muslims are required to fast from daybreak to sunset. It's basically an exercise where we prove to ourselves and to Allah that if we can abstain from consuming food, which is vital to sustain life, we can abstain from a lot of other acts that we can live without, for example lying and backbiting.

So I guess you could say it's a spiritual boost month!

Last year, I had put up a series of posts called "Ramadan Diaries" and I intend to do them again. The month of Ramadan is divided into three Ashrahs, or periods of ten days. I'll be sharing how my day goes, what I did, as well as my own goals for Ramadan. It might not be as interesting as my readers would like, but I hope it would be enlightening and increase your horizon about people from around the world.

Have a great day :)

6 comments:

  1. It sucks when you put in the effort and sometimes it doesn't go your way. But it's over now, hope your official result is good :)
    I do that too, I don't tell others if something is up until it's officially confirmed because I'm scared it'll get jinxed :P
    Can't wait to read the series!

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited for Ramadan! This is my first year of a full fast (I'll be skipping 2 days because of finals), so I'm nervous! The Ramadan Diaries, sounds like a cool idea!

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waalaikumusalam Kanra. :) Sorry to hear about your results, it's frustrating how we study so hard but the results don't turn out the way we want it to. Hopefully it will be better in the next exams. Looking forward to Ramadhan, such a beautiful month. Love that you are sharing your experiences and goals in this series, readers can certainly learn more from it. :) Super excited for this series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand about putting a lot of effort into something and not doing as well as you'd have liked! But just remember that you did your best, and that there is always next time ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blessed Ramadhan to you! ^_^

    PS. Of all the Systems in the body RES is awesome, but I hated Pulmonnology during our pre-clerkship year (twas the consultant MDs that are really bad at it haha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, it sucks when all our study isn't reflected in your grade.. Well, think of it this way, "barely a pass" is still a pass (or at least that's what I'm telling myself while I wait for my exam results!).

    I have a post suggestion for you! Why don't you write an article-type post called "things people don't know about Muslim girls/teenagers/in general" or "things people always ask Muslims"? Even though I'm irreligious myself I'm interested in understanding what other people believe... I do not know any Muslims so I'm interested to see what unexpected ways it impacts your life!

    Also, I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...