Monday, May 4, 2015

Game Review: Clash of Clans

AssalamuAlaikum!

Today, I decided to talk about this game that I've been playing on my iPhone these days. This game was suggested to me by an online friend who told me it was a lot of fun. Deciding to take their word for it, I installed the app and prepared to play it.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Clash of Clans.

I have 777 experience and 666 trophies :3

Uncannily like Farmville, Clash of Clans has you building your own personal space and creating buildings to expand your buildings. Unlike Farmville, however, there is a severe limit to how much you can build- because you only have 2 builders and most buildings takes quite a while to build when you're at a higher level..

Let's be honest, I'm not the most patient person. I'm the type who checks the app every hour or so, hoping for a miracle to happen and my buildings to be upgraded and builders freed.

13H 9M for one project, 4H for the other. Till then, you can't really do anything...

I can't help it! The time taken for these two fat builders to do their job is too much. Out of sheer anger and frustration, guess what I did..

That's right. I deleted the game. I don't need this kind of slowness and dependency in my life!

Another thing that I really didn't like was how the game ran purely online. If you didn't have connection, your game just wouldn't open (that's the part where my Temple Run 1 app comes into action).



Being purely online means having a multiplayer feature. Yes, you really do have clans and people attacking each other. That's why you have to build these walls and cannons and archer towers to defend your Town Hall from being destroyed by other people. It's satisfying seeing your village defend itself successfully from outsider attacks (there is a replay option when you find out your village has been attacked).

So yes, you can also go raid other player or the goblins of the story line! Train your army and swell your ranks an march off to battle. (I got stuck halfway and realized I needed to upgrade my buildings, but it's taking soo long, I'm so bored!!)

To sum up, I'd give this game a rating of 2.5/5.

This game is not for people who play games to relax or enjoy themselves. This game is for people who like spending time to build an online empire by monopoly. Even Farmville was more exciting.

What games do you play on your phone?

9 comments:

  1. I used to play a game like this called Cityville after I saw my sister play it but got bored of it afterwards because I just couldn't wait for the city to build up.

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited because you're doing a game review and I love games! Clash of clans was good, but like you, I got really impatient and eventually deleted the game (when I got to like silver I). Anyway, I used to play a lot of Infinity Blade and Furit Ninja, and SimCity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends are all crazy about it.I can't play such games which needs hours and hours of hard work.I feel so weird just sitting there when they are all going crazy about it and planning their next war and loot.I don't play a lot of games on mobile and recently switched from Android to iOS but on Android I did love playing old gameboy games like Pokemon :D
    I also liked Sims it was also kinda time consuming but it was a bit more relaxing than this one :P
    I love playing strategy games though like Age of Empires but that still haven't been made available for mobile phone :D
    Or Roller Coaster tycoon (it's mobile version is really bad but original game is really awesome)..also zoo tycoon (No mobile version) but the game is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm never ever again playing games like these. I get way to attached to my villagers and basically start living in my tiny digital world XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really fun! I've never tried it before, and I may have to now ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lovd laying that game before until I already found myself too hooked to it @_@ So had to uninstall it huhu
    It was a cool game until when you reach TH 8 where all fences are too expensive! And constructions would take weeks!
    Having a clan and fighting for Clan wars is the best ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sehr informativ Beitrag zu überprüfen. Ich freue mich, quer durch dieses Artikels gekommen. Ich war eifrig auf der Suche nach einer Stelle, die diese Informationen zu geben. Weiter so.
    Ich habe einige relevante Informationen, die Sie unten überprüfen können.
    Clash of Clans hack
    clash of clans diamanten

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...