Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March 2015!

THAT'S RIGHT.

1/4th of the year is over! Doesn't that make you feel like time slipping by so fast? And here I am, back to picking up grains of memories so I can remember what I did that made the world suddenly spin faster.

March Blogposts:
Writing Horror: The part where Kanra gets obsessed over horror stories and tries picking up the DON'Ts off of Wattpad and writing her own intro.
Dealing with Stress: Where Kanra decides to write about the first feeling she felt when she realized she had to write a blogpost.
The Hippocratic Oath: That cultish aspect of medicine that Kanra decided to share with everyone.

March Photography:
I did my blood grouping. I took forever doing mine because I just couldn't prick myself. I had a friend prick me last time but she couldn't get enough blood out herself so I went to the facilitator. She pricked me and you can clearly see where most of my blood went and where it ran dry.

This is me trying to be photographic with my notes.
(Left: Natural light. Right: Flash)

This is a dandelion I found outside the masjid on the day our "Daughter of Islam" class had a party. We were studying the skin and it's clinical conditions so I captioned it "Dandelion with Alopecia".
(Alopecia means losing hair, or going bald)

Twincon2015 coming up! I'm excited to see what they've planned this year. I obviously won't be cosplaying but I was thinking of going as Erika from DRRR since she's also wearing a long dress that looks like an abaya .__. idk or I could just randomly show up.

Studying for my modular examination!! Which was on Monday. It went pretty good- better than I expected. I was quite stressed out until I got the paper. I tend to focus on how I left out the minute details and wondering what kind of questions could come that I wouldn't know.
So far, I think I've got a few minute details wrong. Like I mixed up palato and pharyngo when it came to writing the contents of the tonsillar bed. Then I got mixed up with skin grafts- auto allo iso xeno. I turned allo into auto and created a new term for allo- which was homo .__. idk why I get such small things mixed up.

Here's another studying picture where I draw this man who is divided into 11 parts, each part signifies 9% of the body's surface area according to the rule of 9. This sort of helps you gauge the seriousness of burns on a patient.

Journal Entries of March:
Tuesday, March the Fifth 2015
Med school is going okay. I'm trying out new things little by little. I'm trying to give in more inout during my SGDs and stuff. I guess I've improved but then again, we've only had four in two weeks so.
I went out with some of my friends to Chaye Khana. It was a nice experience. I've never gone out with so many people before. 

Wednesday, March the Eleventh 2015
I feel like time is slipping by so fast and so slow at the same time.
Slow because I try so hard to kill time,
Fast because I realize what I could've done after it's over.
My mind feels like a never ending checklist of things I need to do. Yet I can't seem to regurgitate my swallowed thoughts onto the page.
The infinity scrolling on this list will probably drive me mad.
Maybe writing them out would motivate me to do something for once.

Saturday, March the Fourteenth 2015
I've been trying to be productive this Saturday and so far, it's going good. I have written quite a few tasks and most of them are done and I'll be rewarding myself tonight by finally watching "Guardians of the Galaxy" in bed with my siblings.

Wednesday, March the Eighteenth 2015
Itna blank face bana k kyun bethi ho.
(Why are you sitting with such a blank face)

Friday, March the Twentieth 2015
I really don't like going out. I don't like ironing my clothes or changing them or getting up or leaving the house at all. It's just too much effort sometimes. Also, I think I'm starting to feel greedy about my time- I don't want to spend it with anyone, for anyone.
Technically, that's not a good thing because "sharing is caring" and the more you give, the more you get.
Well, I took the first step. Recognizing the problem.

Monday, March the Twenty third 2015
There's a lot of things I really want to try out and learn and this list seems to be expanding every few days.
I was seriously considering to join SDL because one of the seniors said that it looks impressive on your CV and that he had never debated until he came to shifa.
Then I realized he was already confident from the start- he just didn't debate.
I'm thinking about getting an observership too. They don't count in the same way electives do (and don't count at all if they're from Pakistan) but I figured I'd learn something that would be worth it.
Baba took me out for another driving lesson. This time I joined the afternoon traffic. It wasn't so bad considering it was a holiday. He says I need another lesson on the motorway sometime.
One of my blogging buddies, Riley sent me a vlog she did recently. It's amazing and I really want to do a vlog too. You just film yourself saying things that you'd write on a blog. I was really amazed and inspired. Of course I wouldn't upload my videos everywhere but they would definitely be nice entertaining records of med school after I'm gone and done.
Besides, memoirs like that- like this. Would be fantastic to keep.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
No planner pages for this month! March was so hectic and busy, I didn't get to write half the stuff I had to do. As a result, most of the pages are empty, so I won't be sharing those.

So how did your March go? Did you accomplish anything? What are your plans for April?

5 comments:

  1. Happy April! This is such a lovely post, I really like your dandelion photo ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you had a really busy month! :O Seems to be a lot of things you plan to do :3

    March was a great month for me! I had plenty of time to do my own things and participate in a couple of activities as well :D

    April plans: Take up drawing lessons and practice on expanding my artistic skills! :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay April!! I love these kinds of posts from you! I really adored the drawings from your notes, awesome!

    April Plans: Hopefully reach 70 followers on the blog and actually get somewhere with my story XD

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a wonderful month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The idea of a vlog would be nice but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't upload mine either xD

    -Kathie K
    http://climbingthroughtomorrow.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...