Friday, January 2, 2015

Better Than Before 2015

I'm running a little late- not a very good start to 2015 but I intend to make the most of the time I have right now- and that's what really counts. New Years is that one excuse every one needs to put a break on their life, sit down with a cup of tea/coffee and look at the past year in retrospect while planning for what's coming ahead.

Here is a list of resolutions I made for 2015.



  1. Study hard but don't compare yourself to your classmates. Even if you come up at the bottom rank, you're still in med school. Clearly, you aren't stupid! Everyone else is just super smart/no-lifers.
  2. Get into a professional routine. Yes, that means no more sleeping till 11am during weekends. We all have 24 hours in one day and I want to use all 24 to my maximum potential.
  3. While we're talking about routine, let's shove in some diet and exercise in too.
  4. At the end of this year, I had better have passed my first year professional examination.
  5. Make a genuine effort to get to know people.
  6. Start writing a journal- like, seriously. I bought a journal for 2014 and it's empty. I'm going to try using the chain-habit routine to try establishing this into a daily habit.
  7. Get more creative! I need to keep blank sheets with me so if inspiration ever strikes, I'm ready!
  8. Read more books (this sounds near impossible but hey, can't I have a few unrealistic goals in here as well?)
  9. Stay connected with old friends and online friends. It's no good if I get swamped down by the studying I'll be doing!
  10. Work hard, but remember when to relax. And relaxing doesn't mean 'taking a half hour long hot shower the day of the examination'. Relaxing means spending the day off, watching movies or going out or actually relaxing, not stressing myself out.  

So these are my resolutions for this year. I hope we all get to see this year right to the end. Happy 2015, everyone. ^^

5 comments:

  1. You're so creative and you are trying to be more creatively awesome?Earth can't handle that much creativity!Well thought out resolutions including both fun and academics..I'm a huge fan of how passionate you are about medical..and the post you post something related are inspired :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post! I agree with everything, especially #7 ♥
    Amy xx

    Perfect Imperfections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking into keeping a journal for myself as well. I hate hand writing though so personally I'm looking into online journals. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha LoL with "Everyone's so smart/NO-LIFERS haha now I have other reasons to tell, thank you for that. Have a great year of more learning! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I'am Chris From France!!
    this is not a "spam"
    You Have A Wonderful Blog Which I Consider To Be Registered In International Blog Dictionary. You Will Represent Your Country
    "Directory Blogspot" is 15 million visitors! .193 Country. 18000 Websites
    Please Visit The Following Link And Comment Your Blog Name
    Blog Url
    Location Of Your Country Operating In Comment Session Which Will Be Added In Your Country List
    On the right side, in the "green list", you will find all the countries and if you click them, you will find the names of blogs from that Country.
    Imperative to follow our blog to validate your registration.Thank you for your understanding
    http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/
    Happy Blogging
    ****************
    Bonne Année ! Happy New Year! Feliz Año Nuevo! Buon Anno! Feliz Ano Novo! Glückliches Neues Jahr!
    for you and your entire family.
    A small gift for you
    **********************
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2014/12/25//14122507483612502812823262.gif
    ******************

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and leave a link.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...